The home owner wanted a nice looking yard.
He got it.
The stone mulch added that Zen feel.
He also wanted ‘low maintenance’.
“Missed that by a mile,” he says.
Unless you’re into daily raking for meditation…
Don’t do it!
- Any stray leaf, twig or weed stands out. (Like dust on a black car.)
- And the different rock sizes roll into each other during raking & leaf blowing maintenance.
But when it looks good, it really looks good, doesn’t it? So…
If you’re determined to get ‘the look’ and insist on the ‘low maintenance’ too… perhaps the answer is cementing the stones into place.
Yeah, it’s not the same Zen as the first yard, but…
- There’s no where for weeds to take root…
- And the wind will likely take away any stray leaves.
- There’s an added benefit of stopping soil compaction when folks walk across the bed (especially around this bus stop)
- It also provides a distraction for the kids waiting & waiting….
Either way, the look of stone mulch is popular in residential and commercial spaces. They can’t all be disappointed..
or can they?