With all my attention spent getting seasonal color through winter & early spring, I kinda forgot about summer color.
Thank goodness for Hardy Fuchsia.
KC gifted me with a lovely little shrub before she moved from Sooke. She hoped it would do better in town, as on her acreage the deer over-trimmed it.
Happily the city deer in our neighborhood have other tastes. Who knows why? That’s just the way it is.
I divided her little shrub into several pieces, and started them in different locations around the garden. They all survived. Cool.
- Deer resistant – mostly (?)
- Shade tolerant – yup
- Drought tolerant – that too.
- And Hummingbirds love it.
Hardy Fuchsia has become a workhorse in this garden.
- Leaves bud out in April.
- By May it’s starting to flower.
- It’s full steam ahead in July, and performs well all summer.
- Here on the coast, it feeds the hummingbirds well into the fall.
What could be better?
Thank you very much KC.